Saved By The Bell – I Talked With My Crush!
Saved by the Bell was a hit show back in the 90s, and it’s still a fan favorite to this day. While it may seem like a show about high school students would be boring, Saved by the Bell had a certain “je ne sais quoi” that kept people tuning in week after week. I think every guy had a crush on Kelly Kapowski played by Tiffani Amber Thiessen.
Years later I was able to interview Tiffani. Take a listen here. Let me know if I was gushing too much….she was definately a crush of mine. Lisa Tuttle too…but…I’ve had my fair share of crazy chicks. Anyways…..
Here are five reasons why Saved by the Bell was so popular:
1. Screech’s fashion choices: Let’s be real, Screech was the true style icon of Saved by the Bell. His neon pants, oversized glasses, and wacky hair were a sight to behold. Whether he was trying to impress Lisa or just hanging out with his buddies, Screech always managed to make a fashion statement.
2. Zack Morris’ “time-outs”: Zack Morris had a unique superpower that no one else in the show possessed – the ability to freeze time with just a “time-out” signal. It was a strange power, but it made for some hilarious moments. Plus, who wouldn’t want to be able to freeze time during a boring lecture?
3. Mr. Belding’s catchphrases: Principal Belding was the ultimate authority figure, but he also had a soft side. Whenever the gang got into trouble, Belding would scold them, but he’d always end his lectures with a cheesy catchphrase. “Hey, hey, hey, what is going on here?” became his signature line, and it’s still used today to sum up any confusing situation.
4. The dance moves: The Saved by the Bell gang knew how to get down on the dance floor. From the Sprain to the Running Man, they had a move for every occasion. Plus, who could forget Jessie’s infamous caffeine-induced dance in the episode “Jessie’s Song”?
5. The friendship between Zack and Screech: Sure, Zack was the cool guy and Screech was the nerd, but they were still best friends. Their friendship was a central part of the show, and it showed viewers that you don’t have to be just like someone to be their friend. Plus, watching Screech try to keep up with Zack’s antics was always good for a laugh.
Saved by the Bell was popular for a lot of reasons – the fashion, the catchphrases, the dance moves, and more. But at the end of the day, it was the show’s unique brand of humor and heart that kept fans coming back for more.
Whether you’re a die-hard fan or you’re just discovering the show for the first time, Saved by the Bell is sure to make you laugh, cringe, and maybe even shed a tear or two.
Hey, hey, hey, what are you waiting for? Start watching! ~ Parker